Here's a super-quick update. It's almost midnight Saturday night, and tomorrow we're going to spend the whole day on a guided bike tour to/of Versailles, the chateau and gardens and the town. Yes, we're finally using the gift certificate my (Chris') office gave us to Fat Tire Bike Tours. The tour should be great, we're all very excited about it.
Today was a fairly typical (so far) Saturday for us. We all slept in a bit - the boys had stayed up late watching the Narnia DVD Nan sent - then we had breakfast and went to the market. We got back around lunch time, so had a market lunch of North African breads with tapenada, tarama, tzatziki, olives, and sardines. We puttered, read, and played for a while, then the other three took naps while I cooked lamb stew for dinner - it was definitely a North African theme to our dining today. After naps, Carter and Betsy did homework while Calvin and I went to the Monoprix, then we had dinner and the rest of the evening (well, I guess teh whole day!) was pretty calm.
My French classes started Wednesday, which is one reason the blog posts have slowed down a bit. The boys had Wednesday off as well, so stayed with our friend Andria while I went to class. On Tuesday night, Betsy and I went out to dinner with a bunch of parents from Carter's school, which was nice and social, and the boys stayed with Matilde, a university student from around the corner whom we met through another family from Carter's school. Going back to Tuesday day, we picked up the beautiful furniture I posted about last week.
I will catch up on any pictures I took and haven't downloaded tomorrow evening, as well as showing the sites from Versailles. Thanks for your patience, and we'll type and talk to you soon.
06 May 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment