05 July 2006

Like déjà vu all over again

France did it again, topping the cynical, pathetic, pretty-boy, diving Portuguese 1-0 in the World Cup semifinal. "Les Bleus" will now play the cynical, diving Italians on Sunday at 8pm (2pm EDT) for the Championship. Crazy, that. We watched at home with our friend Kevin, and are now being serenaded by horns and screaming, while watching coverage from the mobbed Champs Elysees on TV.

Poor Calvin was home sick today, so Carter and I kept him company and went a bit stir-crazy on this, the first day with decent weather since last week. Since the poor guy didn't keep any food down at all today, he'll probably be home tomorrow too. So much for the last week of school. He's not used to being sick at all, so he was really small and pathetic. Carter pointed out that I was using all my pateince up with him and didn't have enough left for Carter, so I'd better go try to sleep through the cacophany and refill the patience tank.

No comments: