25 June 2007

Hi from Denmark

Ack, blogger is speaking Danish to me! "Titel" I can figure out, but "Udgiv Indlaeg"? Double ack, which probably means something in Danish. Thankfully, I don't have to read or speak Danish to survive here, since the trip is planned well for us, and every Dane I've met speaks at least some English. Today was day 3 of real cycling, though the mileage hasn't been too tough given all the ferry breaks. We've done 30 and 80 kilometers the first two days. Tonight I am in Nakskov, after taking two ferries and biking 40 kilometers today. Tomorrow I will bike either 50 or 85 kilometers, depending on the weather and how tired my old legs are. They are pretty sore! Here is the general route we will take tomorrow, although these directions are for cars to go fast and we like to take the smaller, prettier roads.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=&saddr=nakskov,+denmark&daddr=marielyst,+denmark&dirflg=h&sll=54.769085,11.563675&sspn=0.43017,0.866547&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=10&om=1

(Sorry, I can't seem to turn that into a link!)

If we bike 50k, it will be from here to Maribo, then train Maribo to Nykobing, then bike to Marielyst. If I bike 85k, it will be bike all the way. The day after we can go as far as 160 kilometers! But I won't - that's almost 100 miles and I would fall over. Mike's holding up all right, fighting off a cold. I've got lots of pics, but haven't put them on Mike's laptop so you might not see them until I'm home next week. In the meantime, "farvel" (goodbye) from Denmark!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to know you and Mike are surviving, but sore.
Don and I are at Lakeside and loving every second of it. They still have the yellow raincoats like the boys have, so you may consider getting one for each of them if they really love them.
See you guys in a month.
Love and kisses, Mom