20 June 2008

from Calvin and Grandma (to Cath)

Here's their email exchange from yesterday (Friday), with Cath in Suriname and Calvin and Grandma in Paris. (Calvin's writing in red, Cath's in blue, Marilyn's in black)

dear cath -

i played hukey from school becuese i am taking grandma to the eifel tower and having lunch togeter.

and we are going to buy victor some hightop tennis shoes too.

to cath from calvin.

we love you, cath.

grandma & calvin

And Cath's reply, with Calvin's replies/retorts:

Oh! I am very jealous that you are playing hookey, and that you are going to the Eiffel Tower! it was onederful.

I have been working very hard on my trip, but today we had only one meeting so now I can rest a little. i am not but grandma is going to rest.

Can you believe that we will have to wake up at 2 o'clock in the morning so that we can catch our flight back home tomorrow morning? yes.

Will you take Grandma to see any churches in Paris? notre dame. There is a wooden cathedral here where I am. It is not very big, but it is the biggest wooden Roman-Catholic cathedral in the world. wow.

I love you lots. I can't wait to see you in a couple weeks. i can't wait to see you and victor.

Give yourself and everybody else some hugs and kisses from me. calvin will give everyone lots of hugs, kisses and love from you.

Cath

p.s. I LOVE the high-tops, and I'm very glad you are going to buy some for Victor! we got blue with red trim (size 25), brown (size 24) and somewhat different style red hightops size 26. are these the right sizes? they did not have the blue with red trim in all the sizes i wanted.

No comments: