06 April 2006
Fête de Pâques
Although Easter's still ten days away, the schools are closed for the next two weeks, and it seems the French celebrate Palm Sunday (this Sunday) as much or more than Easter (Pâques). So today was a celebration (fête) at Calvin's school. He and his friends had been working on hats for a couple of weeks, and he was excited to finally get to wear it. He'd only asked at the end of every other day if he could take it home yet! He called himself "The King of the Chickens" (Le Roi de Poulet!) I don't know if he was expecting a parade, but when I arrived that's what was happening. (The soundtrack included Big Chief, a famous Professor Longhair song from New Orleans.) The morning was chilly but the afternoon was beautiful. Here are some pictures of his parade, and a movie. He was very proud, both of his crown and his dancing, which I was unfortunately not able to capture on film.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment