Damn, the day went so smoothly, I feel like I have nothing to say. So here's the quick recap:
1. Slept in a little
2. Managed to figure out the trains to my target today, and get a ticket with no problems
3. Wandered around a nice park, including a couple temples, a boat pond, and tons of families having a day out
4. Had a great lunch of unagi (grilled eel, one of my favorite Japanese foods) -- even though there was no English outside, I figured I could get by, and it turned out they had an English menu inside
5. Went to the Tokyo National Museum, which has a great collection of Japanese Art, and really nice English translations
6. Had melon ice-cream
7. No problems getting back to my hotel, and had dinner at a little place near here -- no English, but pictures on the menu so I could just point
I spent the evening going over stuff for my meeting coming up this week, and am desperately wishing that I could just be coming back home tomorrow instead of heading into 5 days of technical field trips and meetings. I haven't even started this second meeting, and I already feel burned out just thinking about it.
Not sure of my plans for tomorrow. I have a meeting in the afternoon -- a pre-workshop check to make sure we have everything ready for Wednesday (tuesday is a field trip to one of the Japanese labs). ugh. I'm feeling pretty sorry for myself, can you tell? I think I'm more homesick than I realized. I finished my last book today (it's amazing how much reading I do when I travel), so maybe my mission tomorrow will be to get a new book... international travel can be so glamorous.
I miss you all.
Love, Bets
10 September 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So sorry you are by yourself, sans children and Chris. I mailed you a couple of paperbacks to Paris, but that doesn't help you there.
Love, hugs and kisses,
Glennell
At least you were in Tokyo - I was in Fukuoka w/ no book and there were no English bookstores! Did give me a chance to catch up on the Teachings of Confucious in the hotel bedside drawer tho :)
Post a Comment