Chris here ... here being Paris. I returned from Washington on Thursday (Thanksgiving) morning, after leaving Washington Wednesday afternoon. The flight was fine. I arrived at Dulles way early, totally intimidated by the "busiest flying day of the year" thing, and had about 3 hours to chill at the gate and wandering the concourse before my flight. Then after arriving to Paris at 6:40am, it took me FIVE HOURS to get across Paris to chez nous. The train was stopped between stations for over two hours, then terminated at the wrong Gare in Paris, then the bus was slow, then I cried. Well, not really the last part, but come on, it should not take almost as long to cross ANY city as to cross an OCEAN! Hmm, and I thought I'd put that behind me. Oh well.
Thursday night we went to friends for Thanksgiving dinner, which was a yummy fun time. Thirteen of us in total - four of us, Mom, a family with one girl, plus our hosts, a family with two girls and their nanny. Friday morning Betsy left for Washington and Baltimore, where she is now and will be until a week from Tuesday. I pretty much slept all of Friday, and Mom and the boys have let me sleep in each of the weekend mornings as well, so I'm as caught up as I ever am. Friday night we took it easy and the boys watched one of the original Lone Ranger movies, thanks to Marilyn's loan.
Yesterday, Saturday, we went to the kids' adventure garden at Les Halles (see previous post). As on that day, we ate lunch at Le Tambour, then went to the French craft beer store before wandering across the river. We stopped by Shakespeare and Company so Carter could get the final Lord of the Rings book. Nearly 1000 pages in, he's just loving it. Last night we took it easy again, after Carter played chess on-line with Griffin.
He played more with Griffin today, after we'd gone to the market and done his homework. After that, Mom and I and my friend Kevin went to our wine-tasting class taught by our new friend Meredith. Tomorrow the boys are back to school, and Mom and I will head to the big wine-buying salon. Look for a woozy update tomorrow!
26 November 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment