19 November 2006

Where's waldo?

Chris here again, from lovely Kent Island, Maryland. Mike and I are spending the week at his folks. It was a lovely low-60s sunny day today. We got up late and wandered out the back door to play golf - his parents Bob and Candi live at Cove Creek. Now we're watching the big Ohio State - Michigan football game, followed by Cal - USC. Pretty darn different from what I'd be doing in Paris! Betsy said the cable internet has apparently failed at home, so you won't be able to reach her on the Vonage phone. You can call our Paris phone, from the us 011.33.1.5658.1477 or Betsy's cell 011.33.6.7305.8873. (If you need a calling card, I've had great success buying from speedypin.com. They went to Ecole Militaire, the military school a couple of minutes from our apartment, with some new friends today. It's not open to the public, but the friend's Cub Scout troop had gotten a private tour. It sounded like they had a great time.

Anyway, back to the game for me. I think we'll head back to Arlington sometime tomorrow evening, and I'll let you all know. My mom heads from Houston to Paris tomorrow, arriving mid-day Monday, so send good travel thoughts her way too!

No comments: