1. Before school started, I was really nervous about making friends.
2. My French teacher is Madame Autenheimer. She's very tall and she is very nice. I understood most of what was happening in Math. We played a game with colored blocks of different lengths. It was fun. We also had a mime class with music and dancing where we waved colored ribbons to match the music. (Blogger's note: ????? I'm not sure what exactly this is, and Carter seemed a little unsure of what to make of it too... He did mention that he thinks they need black clothes... or at least black pants... more on this later, I'm sure!)
3. I forget the name of my English teacher. Today we started to learn about Native Americans. The Native Americans lived in Asia and came across a land bridge during the Ice Ages, and now they are all over North America.
4. I made a new friend named Kenith (Blogger's note: not sure of spelling, but rhymes with Zenith). She lived in Houston and Brazil and Paris.
5. At morning recess we went to a park and played tag. In the afternoon, we played outside school. We had Metro tickets and pretended that our car broke down and we had to run to catch a train because we were late.
6. For lunch, I had a hot dog, lentils, two glasses of water, and chocolate mousse.
7. I made another friend. Her name is Gabriella.
Carter did great! He was very happy to see us when we arrived -- I think he was relieved to have the day behind him, but also eager to tell us about what had happened, the people he had met, etc. He was smiling, and one of the kids called goodbye as he walked out, so we were all very glad. His homework is to prepare for a spelling test next week on the months of the year in French. The hard part is that he also has to spell them in cursive, which they hadn't started teaching at Taylor. So we'll be practicing cursive writing this weekend...
Aside from the glitch with the computer and Carter's message, it was a very productive but exhausting day. We have air mattresses and most of our luggage at the new apartment waiting for us tomorrow. For now, we're falling into bed...
1 comment:
-- Mime class!?
-- A hot dog for lunch!?
OK. You guys are making this up.
Post a Comment