11 March 2006

French junk food

From Betsy:

Forgot to mention -- we had a small cocktail hour here at the office yesterday, and I had my first real sampling of French junk food. Very weird. They have spaghetti-sauce-flavored potato chips, and little puffed things that look like those funny "hot fries" but taste like peanut butter. Also some little round crunchy puffed things that tasted exactly like tomato paste. Not my favorite. And not that I have anything against tomato paste -- it can be very handy for recipes, but it's just not a snack food. However, I am in favor of the bacon-flavored Pringles. Surprisingly authentic flavor... and probably even worse for you than bacon.


From Chris:

It's funny, they just don't snack in general. Three multi-course square meals a day, with a fourth meal/snack for kids in mid-afternoon right after school, but no snacking. Very different mindset for us ...

No comments: