20 January 2007

From Carter

Dear everybody,
last week I went to a soccer tournament with my team and it lasted all day. Our team came in seventh place(out of twelve) and I got a medal. We played against some really good teams from all over and just around Paris. Last weekend we went to the circus. It was really great. There was a really funny part where a sea otter gave a man a kiss and another man made his dog talk to him. There was also a bird that was smoking a cigarette. The trapeze was really cool - the guy that was doing it kept falling off the trapeze onto a big net and bouncing on his head back up to the trapeze! Then there were these lions and tigers that were playing hopscotch, no, not hopscotch, leapfrog! Today we went to see a movie in french called Kirikou and the wild beasts.

In Europe it was really windy on Thursday. In Germany they even shut down all the trains for the first time ever because there were trees blowing down on to the tracks. At the seaside in France there were 130 mile per hour winds!

For February break, we are going to Barcelona. I haven't heard much about it but I have heard that it's a spectacular city and that there's a really cool church by an architect called Gaudi. For school we have to do research on different cities and I think that our group will do Barcelona.

We're going to try to watch the Duke game now, so bye!

Love, Carter

(Carter typed the first part!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carter, it is so much fun to read about the fun you are having. I like to read your writings and I love to talk with you on the phone.
Love, Nan

Anonymous said...

carter, kevin and i are so proud of your team and your medal! sounds like you are having tons of fun.
chris, hope you had fun during the duke game. i didn't with kentucky today, but the season still has some time left.
calvin, i'd love to know what you are up to, too!
and betsy, hope you are surviving the insanity that can be a paris winter. i can't imagine what you go through to get to work!
much love from nashville,
cynthia and kevin